Tummy Tuck Boston
Conveniently located to serve Boston
A tight, sculpted tummy is a hot commodity these days. Many people spend hours in the gym and meticulously watch what they eat in order to achieve ‘rock hard abs’. For the rest of us, however, the tasks of diet and exercise are not so easy. Many factors contribute to excess fat around the waistline, including:
- Dramatic weight gain or loss
- Lack of exercise
The abdominoplasty procedure, commonly referred to as the “Tummy Tuck” can be an effective way of eliminating excess fatty tissues and stretched skin, and even tightening weak and collapsed abdominal muscles, dramatically flattening the waistline.
- Written onMarch 13, 2016 Dr Darrow and his office assistant Helen are amazing. I went to three other surgeons before choosing Dr. Darrow for my tummy tuck and breast lift. I am thrilled at the outcomes. I was nervous about getting implants and Dr. Darrow assured me he could make me look fabulous without any additional size since I was happy how large I was when I had a bra on. I had lost over 60 pounds and had loose sagging abdominal skin and a deflated chest with severe ptosis. Healing for the breast lift was very easy, the time healing from the tummy tuck was longer, but without issues. It is a major surgery and you must be prepared to slow down while you recover. Any questions or concerns I had before or after the surgery were quickly answered personally by Dr. Darrow. I highly recommend him. My body looks amazing!
This procedure has yielded amazing results for countless people, but it is not a replacement for proper diet and exercise. Rather, when the abdominoplasty is used in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise, the results can be both amazing and long-lasting. There are some things you should consider before an abdominoplasty, however. If you are planning on dramatic weight loss, or plan on becoming pregnant, it would make sense to postpone abdominoplasty, as weight loss or pregnancy can have adverse effects on the results of the Tummy Tuck.
Stretch marks can also be a concern for those seeking abdominoplasty, and although the procedure can oftentimes remove some of the damaged skin, especially below the belly button where excess skin is removed, the abdominoplasty is not specifically performed to remove stretch marks. Talk to your doctor regarding your concerns and perhaps he will have a suggestion for the best course of action.
The abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck may be a good option for you if you:
- Maintain good physical health and weight
- Don’t smoke
- Have realistic expectations
- Are frustrated by your attempts at weight loss and firming of your abdominal area with diet and exercise
- Have stretch marks from lack of elasticity
WHO IS IN NEED OF A TUMMY TUCK?
Patients who have loose, flabby tummies after significant weight loss and want to have tighter, more well-defined abs are ideal candidates for a tummy tuck. Ideal patients are in good overall health and have realistic expectations.
If the patient recently underwent a surgical procedure or experienced an accident and is still healing, it will be best to wait on tummy tuck surgery until recovery is complete.
Patients who want a tummy tuck must schedule a consultation. At a consultation, Dr. Darrow will examine the patient’s abdomen to determine how to best achieve their aesthetic goals. Dr. Darrow will ask the patient questions regarding their medical history.
Dr. Darrow will discuss preparation steps for the procedure, its cost, and more. If the patient has any questions or concerns regarding the procedure, the consultation would be the perfect time to address them.
TUMMY TUCK AFTERCARE
Following a successful tummy tuck procedure, patients will need to rest as much as possible during the recovery period. Some mild discomfort, swelling, and bruising can be expected over the next few days.
SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION
Setting up an informative consultation with Dr. Darrow is the best way to learn more about tummy tucks in Boston. To arrange your consultation, contact us today.