Breast Lift Boston
Mastopexy, or a breast lift, is a surgical cosmetic procedure performed to lift the breasts to a more youthful position. With the help of a breast lift in Boston from Dr. Jeffrey Darrow, patients can enjoy perkier breasts that do not sag.
As we age, our breasts, along with every other part of our body, begins to change shape. Our skin loses elasticity (its ability to stay tight), and fat and muscles wane and shift.
Pregnancy, breastfeeding, changes in weight, aging, gravity and genetics all play a part in how our breasts evolve over time. Some women notice only minor changes, while other notice significant ones.
Breast Augmentation with Lift
A breast lift can achieve some very successful results in women who wish to revitalize the appearance of their breasts, but a breast lift without implants will not change the size of the breasts. If you desire to both lift and increase the size of your breasts, you may consider combining a breast lift with a breast augmentation for optimal results.
A breast lift with implants can save time and money, since only one recovery period is required when a breast lift and augmentation are performed during the course of a single surgical session.
- Written onMarch 13, 2016 Dr. Darrow and his office assistant Helen are amazing. I went to three other surgeons before choosing Dr. Darrow for my tummy tuck and breast lift. I am thrilled at the outcomes. I was nervous about getting implants and Dr. Darrow assured me he could make me look fabulous without any additional size since I was happy how large I was when I had a bra on. I had lost over 60 pounds and had loose sagging abdominal skin and a deflated chest with severe ptosis. Healing for the breast lift was very easy, the time healing from the tummy tuck was longer, but without issues. It is a major surgery and you must be prepared to slow down while you recover. Any questions or concerns I had before or after the surgery were quickly answered personally by Dr. Darrow. I highly recommend him. My body looks amazing!
Am I a Good Candidate for a Breast Lift?
Good candidates for the breast lift procedure are physically healthy and at a stable weight, non-smokers, unhappy with the sagging appearance of their breasts, and have realistic expectations about the procedure and its potential outcome.
There are a number of incision patterns and techniques used to achieve a breast lift and they decided upon based on a number of factors such as breast size and shape, position and size of the areolas, the amount of sagging in the breast and the skin’s quality. Dr. Darrow will be able to recommend the best plan for you.
Let’s take a look at the variables for the breast lift procedure:
- Anesthesia comes first, of course, no matter the following plan, and can be done intravenously with sedation or under general.
- The incisions may be done in one of three ways: around the areola, around the areola and vertically down from the areola to the breast crease (key pattern), or around the areola, vertically down from the breast crease and horizontally along the breast crease.
- The breast tissue will be lifted and reshaped to the desired form and firmness. The nipple and areola will likely be repositioned to create the most natural and youthful appearance. On occasion, the areola may also be reshaped or resized as needed. Excess skin will be removed.
- The incisions will be closed and bandaged.
Breast Lift Recovery and Healing
You will notice initial results immediately, but full results will become more and more apparent as you heal and the swelling goes down. During your recovery, you will have certain guidelines and activity restrictions, which are put in place to ensure a healthy and speedy recovery. It is important that you follow your doctor’s orders. If you experience any shortness of breath or chest pains, seek medical attention right away.
Every surgical procedure has risks and it is important to know them. Ask questions and make sure you understand the answers during your consultation.
If you maintain a healthy weight and healthy lifestyle, your breast lift results will last you a long time. A breast lift does not prevent your breasts from the effects of aging in the future.
Breast Lift Cost
Determining the cost of a mastopexy procedure means looking at the details of the patient’s specific case. Price is dependent on factors like the techniques employed, surgical session time, and amount of tissue removed during the surgery.
Contact Us for a Consultation
Dr. Jeffrey Darrow has performed numerous breast lifts for Boston patients at Darrow Cosmetic Surgery. To schedule your mastopexy consultation, contact us today.