Thigh Lift Boston
Once excess fat and skin accumulate on your inner and outer thigh, it becomes one of the most difficult areas of the body to firm and tone. Oftentimes, even with proper diet and exercise, the thigh area may never respond as you wish it would to the excess skin that has lost its’ elasticity. For this reason, surgeons have developed the surgical thigh lift procedure.
It is a procedure that sculpts and reshapes the contours of your thighs and lower body by removing excess skin and fat from the inner and outer thigh areas.
The thigh lift may be right for those who:
- Do not have dramatic fluctuations in weight and whose weight is relatively balanced
- Have excess fat and skin in the areas of the inner and outer thigh and lower body
- Are generally healthy and have no pre-existing medical conditions or illness
- Do not smoke
- Have realistic expectations of the procedure and are committed to a healthy lifestyle including proper diet and exercise
As with any cosmetic enhancement surgery, you should first consider your motivations for surgery to be sure that you’re choosing surgery for yourself and not to fulfill someone else’s desires or expectations of you or your body. It is a very personal matter and any decision for surgery should come after careful consideration of all the facts and emotions involved.
- Written onJuly 22, 2016 Dr. Darrow skillfully improved my body shape with attractive results. He is a true artist. His assistant Helen is delightful and makes the logistics of the process quite easy. After a childhood of prolonged obesity due to poor nutrition, my body had accumulated excessive pockets of fat cells that would not go away despite a newfound lifestyle of healthy eating and daily exercise in adulthood. Dr. Darrow successfully removed these pockets of fat with liposuction surgery and now my body shape more closely reflects my athletic lifestyle. Thanks to Dr. Darrow I look amazing and my clothes fit so much better. While daily exercise and nutrition is key to optimal results, the surgery has doubled the payoffs of my fitness efforts. My body no longer has to fight as many fat cells as I had before surgery. My morale in the gym has also increased as my body looks great in the mirror while I work out. The process for surgery was very clear and the surgery itself is an affordable investment in personal health and happiness. The facilities are extremely beautiful and clean. The staff is wonderful. I would highly recommend Dr. Darrow to anyone looking to improve their health and personal satisfaction with their bodies.
As stated before, you should consider the thigh lift procedure after you’ve reached your weight loss goals, as losing dramatic amounts of weight loss after the thigh lift procedure could have adverse effects on your results, such as additional loose, sagging skin.
In order to create the best possible results from your thigh lift surgery, it is important that your surgeon consult with you to discuss your desires and expectations, as well as how the thigh lift surgery will impact your health, lifestyle and general well-being. It is a good idea to prepare by considering the following before your consultation:
- General medical history, including the results of laboratory work and past surgeries
- A detailed account of current prescription medications, supplements (vitamins or others) that you take
- Any use of tobacco or other drugs
- What are your motivations for surgery? What are your expectations?