Body Contouring After Major Weight Loss Boston
A slim, toned body is a hot commodity these days. It’s a sign that one has achieved a level of health and fitness through proper diet and exercise. These are important parts of a healthy lifestyle, to be sure. But, for those who have sagging skin in the areas of the abdomen, upper arms and thighs and loose abdominal muscles due to age, childbirth or dramatic weight gain or loss, no amount of diet and exercise will ever produce the slim, toned results desired.
Surgeons have developed a surgical technique called the body lift, which combines the best of several common cosmetic procedures to reverse the adverse effects of time, gravity, childbirth and fluctuations in weight. In the body lift procedure, excess fatty deposits and skin are removed and inner musculature is tightened in order to produce a slimmer, more contoured profile.
The body lift procedure can enhance these areas of the body:
- Stomach, waist, sides and lower back area
- Inner, outer and rear thighs
- Upper arms
The body lift is a composition of several surgical procedures, including the abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) and liposuction. For women who are also interested in either a breast augmentation, breast lift or reduction, a Mommy Makeover may be more appropriate. Ask Dr. Darrow what the best procedure would be for you, depending on your needs and expectations.
As with any cosmetic enhancement surgery, you should first consider your motivations for surgery to be sure that you’re choosing surgery for yourself and not to fulfill someone else’s desires or expectations of you or your body. It is a very personal matter and any decision for surgery should come after careful consideration of all the facts and emotions involved.
- Written onAugust 7, 2017 Lower Body Lift & Breast Lift no implants A+++ I had my surgery at the end of August, 2016. It is the beginning of December and I feel FANTASTIC ! I am the happiest I have been in years. Dr. Darrows is wonderful. He was the last consultation I had and wish he was my first. When I met him he was very open about the procedures and went from the beginning to the end. He didn’t rush, stopped when I had questions. I felt very comfortable with him. Helen his assistant is awesome. I found both Helen and Dr. Darrows really down to earth and easy †o talk to. My surgery went great, I stayed over and was up walking that night. The night nurse was dynamite answered any questions and was very tentative. This was the first time I’ve ever done anything like this so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I am so glad I had the experience I did. My follow up appointments are going great. If you have any questions or concerns you can call or email the doctor and if he doesn’t get right back to you someone from his office does. I went into this feeling good and I came out of it feeling better. No Worries!
In addition, before you consider the body lift procedure you should reach your weight loss goals, as losing dramatic amounts of weight loss after the body lift procedure could have adverse effects on your results, such as additional loose, sagging skin.
The body lift may be a good option for you if you:
- Maintain good physical health and weight
- Don’t smoke
- Have realistic expectations
- Are frustrated by your attempts at weight loss and firming of your body with diet and exercise
- Have stretch marks from lack of elasticity