Most people are unhappy with something about their physical appearance, for many of these people the subject of their grief is their nose. Nose dissatisfaction is generally divided into one of two parts: aesthetic or functional. On occasion, the dissatisfaction is equally distributed between the two. Rhinoplasty, or nose surgery, can improve almost any nose issue.
Let’s take a look at some of the common complaints nose surgery can address:
- It can create a more normal aesthetic and better functionality after trauma or injury
- It can adjust the size so that it is more proportionate to the other facial features
- It can adjust the width of the nose
- It can remove bumps and indentations
- It can adjust issues with the shape of the tip of the nose
- It can improve nostril size and shape
- It can realign the nose for better symmetry
- It can clear the airway of obstructions and abnormalities for easier breathing
Nose surgery is best performed on patients 13 years and older who are in good physical and mental health, non-smokers and have realistic expectations for the procedure and its results.
- Written on January 28, 2019 Dr. Darrow and his entire staff are amazing!! He is definitely one of the best! He answered all of my questions, calmed my nerves, and reassured me of any doubts I had. The surgery went great, and I feel more confident than ever!
Now, let’s take a look at what the procedure itself will entail:
- Anesthesia will be administered either intravenously with sedation or through general anesthesia.
- Incisions will be made either inside of the nose (closed procedure) or across the narrow strip of tissue between the nostrils (open procedure).
- The nose will then be reshaped to the desired result, often through cartilage grafted from another part of the body. If the obstruction is the issue, the nose will be straightened and aligned to clear the airway.
- The incisions will be closed and the nose will be put in a splint.
- Swelling will continue to go down over the following weeks, though it may take up to a year for your final results to settle.
As with all surgical procedures, there are risks and it’s important that you discuss these risks with your Plastic Surgeon during your consultation. When you go home and as you continue to heal, you will have certain restrictions you will need to adhere to in order to ensure a safe and speedy recovery. If you experience chest pain or shortness of breath, it is important to seek medical attention immediately.
Rhinoplasty Surgery Cost
The total cost of rhinoplasty surgery is determined based on factors like your medical examinations, surgeon’s fees, hospital charges, post-surgery garments, and anesthesia. The exact techniques used will also impact cost, as will the total time needed to perform the surgery.
Schedule a Consultation for Rhinoplasty Surgery
Contact Darrow Cosmetic Surgery today to schedule a consultation for your rhinoplasty surgery in Boston. We will take the time to guide you through the entire process, ensuring results that fully satisfy your aesthetic needs. Contact us today!