Forehead Lift Boston
The brow lift, sometimes called a forehead lift, is a surgical cosmetic procedure used to minimize the wrinkles, creasing and sagging of the skin on the forehead and between the eyebrows. As we age our skin looses elasticity and begins to sag. There are other factors which can contribute to accelerating the rate at which the brow area ages such as genetics and prolonged exposure to the sun. For those that are unhappy with the appearance of their forehead, a brow lift can be a very successful way to achieve the results desired.
Let’s take a look at some of the key issues that a brow lift can minimize or resolve:
- A brow lift will raise the eyebrows, which will create a more energetic and youthful appearance
- A brow lift will lift the skin of the brow which can eliminate skin that was previously overshadowing the eyes
- A brow lift will improve those commonly dreaded frown lines, or up and down creases above the nose and between the eyebrows
- A brow lift will also improve those side to side creases that form horizontally across the forehead
The brow lift procedure will be specifically altered to meet each patients individual needs. A brow lift is commonly done in conjunction with other facial rejuvenation procedures such as an eyelid lift, a facelift or dermal fillers. To be considered a good candidate for this procedure you should be in good physical health, a non-smoker, and have realistic expectations for the outcome of your procedure. To learn what expectations are realistic, we encourage patients to view before and after photos of previous patients who’ve undergone brow lift surgery and to schedule a consultation to discuss your specific goals.
- Written onMarch 4, 2019 Dr. Darrow and his staff are the BEST! The staff was super friendly and helpful throughout the process. From the very first visit all the way to the post surgery follow ups. Dr. Darrow has the best bed side manor i have have ever encountered in a Dr. He was so easy to talk with about what i want and expected from the surgery. I got breast augmentations 3 months ago and it was the best decision i have ever made. I love them!!! Thank you Dr. Darrow and staff.
Let’s take a took at what goes on in the procedure itself:
- Anesthesia is administered and may include intravenous sedation or general anesthesia.
- There are generally two incision options which include endoscopic or coronal. In an endoscopic brow lift the incisions are small and made within the hairline. In a coronal brow lift the incision goes from ear to ear. Each option has it’s pros and cons and a discussion with your Plastic Surgeon will help determine which method may be best for you.
- Incisions are then closed using either removable or absorbable sutures, surgical tape, or skin adhesives.
As with any surgical procedure, there are risks and it’s important to know them. Your Plastic Surgeon will explain the procedure to you and the risks involved, but if you have any questions about anything, it’s important to ask. If you experience any chest pain, or shortness of breath you should seek out medical attention immediately.