Forehead Lift Boston
The brow lift, sometimes called a forehead lift, gives Boston patients a way to minimize wrinkles, creasing, and sagging of the skin on the forehead and between the eyebrows.
As we age, our skin loses elasticity and begins to sag. There are other factors that can contribute to accelerating the rate at which the brow area ages such as genetics and prolonged exposure to the sun.
The Benefits of a Forehead Lift
For those who are unhappy with the appearance of their forehead, a brow lift in Boston can be a very successful way to achieve the results desired. Let’s take a look at some of the key issues that a forehead lift can minimize or resolve:
- A forehead lift will raise the eyebrows, which will create a more energetic and youthful appearance.
- A forehead lift will lift the skin of the brow, which can eliminate skin that was previously overshadowing the eyes.
- A forehead lift will improve those dreaded frown lines, also called glabellar lines, above the nose and between the eyebrows.
- A forehead lift will also improve those side-to-side creases that form horizontally across the forehead.
Ideal Forehead Lift Candidates
The brow lift procedure in Boston will be specifically altered to meet each patient’s individual needs. A brow lift is commonly done in conjunction with other facial rejuvenation procedures such as an eyelid lift, a facelift, or dermal fillers.
To be considered a good candidate for a forehead lift procedure, you should be in good physical health, should be a non-smoker, and should have realistic expectations for the outcome of your procedure.
To learn what expectations are realistic, we encourage patients to view before and after photos of previous patients who’ve undergone brow lift surgery in Boston and to schedule a consultation to discuss their specific goals.
- Written onMarch 4, 2019 Dr. Darrow and his staff are the BEST! The staff was super friendly and helpful throughout the process. From the very first visit all the way to the post surgery follow ups. Dr. Darrow has the best bed side manor i have have ever encountered in a Dr. He was so easy to talk with about what i want and expected from the surgery. I got breast augmentations 3 months ago and it was the best decision i have ever made. I love them!!! Thank you Dr. Darrow and staff.
The Forehead Lift Procedure
Let’s take a look at what goes on in the procedure itself:
- Anesthesia is administered and may include intravenous sedation or general anesthesia.
- There are generally two incision options: endoscopic or coronal. In an endoscopic brow lift, the incisions are small and made within the hairline. In a coronal brow lift, the incision goes from ear to ear. Each option has its pros and cons, and a discussion with your plastic surgeon will help determine which method may be best for you.
- Incisions are then closed using either removable or absorbable sutures, surgical tape, or skin adhesives.
As with any surgical procedure, there are risks, and it’s important to know them. Your plastic surgeon will explain the procedure to you and the risks involved, but if you have any questions about anything, it’s important to ask. If you experience any chest pain or shortness of breath, you should seek medical attention immediately.
The Healing and Recovery Process
Once you have returned home from your brow lift surgery, you will need to rest and heal. Following Dr. Darrow’s post-surgical care instructions is vital, since this will minimize the chance of complications.
Swelling and bruising will be present in the area after surgery. Keeping your head elevated and using cold compresses aid in the reduction of these temporary side effects. You will need to take time off from work and must avoid physically taxing activities until cleared to resume them, typically in several weeks.
Forehead Lift Cost
The exact price of your brow lift procedure in Boston will depend on the details of your case. The type of anesthesia administered, the amount of time required to perform the surgery, and the techniques utilized all go into determining the final cost of your forehead lift.
Contact Us to Get Started
At Darrow Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Jeffrey Darrow regularly performs the forehead lift for Boston patients. To speak with Dr. Darrow regarding your procedure, schedule a consultation by contacting our office today.